Congratulations Tin, for being the 1st winner of the Waterborne Award! We at FRIENDSHIP SYSTEMS are very happy to see you being successful with your work for the TRAVISIONS 2016 contest, and we wish you all the best for your future career!
About the Contest
Tin had worked on this project here in our office in Potsdam. The topic of her work was “Approaches of Optimizing Ships in Calm Water” where she used CAESES® for geometry modeling, integration of the simulation tools and the final hull optimization. The student competition aimed at university and technical institute students pursuing bachelor degrees and higher. Initially, participants were invited to submit an abstract under one of the TRA2016 conference topics:
- Environment – Decarbonisation, Sustainability and Energy Efficiency
- Vehicles & Vessels Technologies, Design and Production
- Urban and Long-Distance People Mobility – Systems and Services
- Freight Transport and Logistics
- Safe, Secure and Resilient Transport Systems
- Transport Infrastructures
- Human Factors, Socio-Economics and Foresights
- Automation and Connectivity
- Enabling Environment for Innovation Implementation
Some 130 students participated, submitting a total of 107 student projects from 14 different EU countries and 35 different universities.