CAESES® is an integration platform that can launch and control the CFD (or other) simulation runs. CAESES® can even be an effective GUI (graphical user interface) for any CFD code incl. 3D post-processing, having the focus on process automation. Basically, any external tool that can be triggered in batch mode is coupled in just a few minutes.
Connect All Of Your Tools
Integrate and automate whatever you need in CAESES®
Many of our customers are using CAESES® in conjunction with popular commercial codes or proprietary in-house codes (e.g. STAR-CCM+, ANSYS Fluent/CFX, NUMECA products, OpenFOAM, SHIPFLOW, to name a few).
Although our main focus are CFD simulations, any CAE or preliminary design tool can be coupled – and the entire data exchange is managed by CAESES® in the background.
Here is a short video that shows how a connection is set up (2 min).
- Automated geometry export of design variants using common CAD formats (e.g. IGES, STEP, ACIS, various STL formats)
- Specialized export formats available for e.g. STAR-CCM+, ANSYS and CONVERGE, for defining and keeping fixed patch names (e.g. inlet, outlet, wall) intuitively through color information
- File manipulations, such as parameterizing values in ASCII template files
- Easy file and directory copy mechanisms
- Flexible definition of proprietary import and export formats using Feature Definitions
- Import and visualization of result data, such as VTK (3D post-processing with e.g. pressure plots, streamlines, iso-surfaces etc.), *.png- and *-csv-files
- Easy extraction of values in arbitrary results files such as pressure losses from CFD iteration files
- Coupling of multiple external tools and setting up sequential process chains, e.g. meshing > simulation 1 > simulation 2 > … > post-processing
- Integration of any external tool that comes with a batch mode
- Handling of external adjoint CFD results, where shape sensitivities can be directly mapped to the geometry parameters
Automate your CFD runs with CAESES®: Design candidates can be created immediately and the corresponding flow characteristics are computed and visualized with a single click. Using the software connection is super easy, and plugging in your simulation tool can be done in just a few minutes! Making the CFD calculation directly available for a new design candidate is a key step on your track to fully automated design studies and optimizations.