Mr. Suraj Pawar

Unable to export solid geometry

I have created Marine propulsor geometry using CAESES. The geometry consists of shaft, rotor and stator. I am using Brep feature/ solid from intersection to create solid geometry. But when I export step file or iges file I am not able to get solid geometry. I only get surface geometry. I have attached the project file. 

Thank you. 

marine_propulsor.zip

Hi Suraj,

From what I can see there are a couple of files missing to make this project run. You can also use commands such as

resolveEnv("$PROJECTDIR") + "/naca0010TE.txt"

to have a relative path definition. Makes it easier for others (and maybe also for yourself) to let it run on other computers with different directory paths. Just as a side note.

Cheers

Joerg

Hi Suraj,

After some checks on the created stator blades I have figured out that the distribution of the control points on the created airfoil curve was changing drastically at some point.

This was creating a problematic surface that might lead to failed solid creation.

The bug is already solved in the new version which will be released soon. Meanwhile I can provide you a workaround.

Please find attached the project file with the updated feature definition.

post-467-0-26462700-1516972104_thumb.png

post-467-0-51080700-1516972144_thumb.png

Note: please update the thickness file path in the feature definition accordingly

Cheers

Ceyhan

propulsor_v2.fdbc.tar.gz