Mr. Suraj Pawar

Stator Design- Sweep from root to the tip

I am trying to create the stator which will be placed after the propeller. Its like a post-swirl stator which will try to straighten the flow exiting from propeller.

I have attached the screenshot of the blade profile at root, mid and tip of the stator. I have created the feature definition of the airfoil shape. I was trying to generate stator using the curve engine and then generic blade feature. But I did not got good results. I also try to see the axial fan sample, but it seems slightly different from the propeller sample. 

I have attached the stator design, I tried to create with curve engine features. But my leading edge is starting on X axis. How can I shift the center line of the stator? Also, is there better way to create the stator geometry than the propeller geometry generation procedure.

Thank you. 

post-902-0-48141900-1513780108_thumb.png

post-902-0-67253700-1513780113_thumb.png

post-902-0-20465700-1513780122_thumb.png

stator_airfoilTrialengine_v2.fdbc

Hi Suraj,

Do you have a picture or a 3D geometry that shows roughly what you are trying to achieve? Maybe there are indeed quicker ways to realize this model in CAESES. Do the sections need to be on a cylindrical surface?

As a side note: We recommend not to use the reparameterization that I can see in your feature definition.

Cheers

Joerg

I have attached the image of the propeller-stator combination. I am trying to generate a stator shape, which is silver in color in attached image. In the attached image, the camber of the stator is almost same from root to the tip. In my case, it changes from root to the tip. The airfoil section which are shown in the previous post, are the airfoil section shape at various radial location. Also those airfoils should be wrapped on the cylinder like the propeller airfoil section.

I am trying to design a thrust like Voith linear jet. I have the propeller and duct shape ready and now I want to integrate stator after the propeller. Also, I attached the images of voith linear jet whose design is created using CAESES.

Thank you. 

post-902-0-76413000-1513784866_thumb.jpg

post-902-0-59682300-1513785149_thumb.jpg

post-902-0-98339900-1513785161_thumb.png

I would greatly appreciate, if you can help me with the above thread. I have tried various methods in CAESES to get stator design, but I could not get the correct stator design. Also, if you can share some of the material which I can refer for the stator design, that would be helpful.

Thank you. 

Hi Suraj,

Actually, I think this is solvable with the cylindrical transformation (as given in the axial fan example) or, alternatively, with the generic blade (propeller example). Should not be a big deal. In order to have a shift of the profiles in the 3D space, you have to transform (translate, rotate) them in the 2D (xy-plane). There is a mapping of the 2D axes to the 3D representation: For the cylinder transformation, x corresponds to r*theta, and y to z. post-8-0-20413000-1515580063_thumb.png

For the generic blade, there is also a documentation available that explains how the 2D profile is mapped into the 3D space. post-8-0-84881800-1515580125_thumb.png

Does this help?

Cheers

Joerg

Thank you very much for your help. I am trying to generate stator design using propeller (generic blade) example. I created airfoil selection using offset curve of thickness distribution from camber line. I am using this airfoil shape for curve engine and that curve engine is used for stator blade.

But it is showing some error in stator blade geometry and I am not able to get stator blade shape. I am not able to attach text file which contains coordinates of thickness distribution. I can mail them to you give me your email id.  If you can look into the attached file that would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Regards,

Suraj Pawar

stator_engine_v2.fdbc

I think one of the reason of error in geometry generation might be due to open trailing edge of the airfoil section. Is there any way to close trailing edge when using offset curve feature? I tried TE blending position, but still there was an error in stator geometry. Is there any way I can add circle at the trailing edge position?

Thank you. 

Hi Suraj,

Please find attached the updated project file.

One thing that I have figured was that the parameter "chord" in the feature definition was named as Xchord which I have changed it back to chord.

Not a cause but I have also added a string parameter where you only have to specify your input file path. It would be easier in case you change the file location instead of editing the feature definition.

Please update the stringParameter inputPath accordingly and let me know if you still have some problems.

Cheers

Ceyhan

stator_engine_v2.fdbc

Thank you all for your help. Finally, I manage to generate stator geometry. I also created the solid stator and shaft in CAESES. But, when I export .step file or .iges file, I cant get solid stator. When I check exported file in some other cad software, I can only see the surface of the stator and not solid geometry. 

Am I doing something wrong while creating the solid geometry? I am using Brep feature to create solid. i have attached the project file.

Thank you.