Hi all,

I provided a feature, it gets some designvariableparameters and the main output is a parameter too.

During the variation of each input the feature should be run to provide the relative output for using in optimization process.

If I use the “persistent features”, the output is not accessible in in the “evaluation “of “optimization engine”. On the other hand, if I use the “transient” feature, obviously the outputs don’t change with input variation.

Is there any idea to find the problem?

Cheers,

Hamidreza

Hey Hamidreza,

I tink that you want to run an internal optimization, corretly?

So, an optimization inside an optimization, correctly?

If you can, I suggest you to setup the internal optimization outside of the feature and the run inside the design preprocessing, like in the picture.

The Brent internal optimization is run for each evaluation of the Sobol.

In the Brent you have to keep away the tick of Variant Creator.

On the other hand, if you can do this, there's a fast solution of your problem.

You have just to crate another parameter in which you put the value of the parameter of the feature.

I attach a picture to explain better.

Can you try this solution?

Cheers,

Carlo

post-441-0-11205200-1466203122_thumb.png

post-441-0-66260500-1466203389_thumb.png

Hi Carlo

Thanks for the solution.

I think, the best way is defining the “persistent “ feature to have the capability of run in each design process, also, the outputs should define outside of the feature as you said. Thus, applying the” preprocessing commands” result in change the outputs according to input for each design.

Cheers,

Hamidreza

post-466-0-44108600-1466415027_thumb.jpg

Dear Hamid,

For the internal optimization you should take a look at the tutorial "Fulfilling geometrical Constraints".

This is the same Carlo described.

I think, the best way is defining the “persistent “ feature to have the capability of run in each design process, also, the outputs should define outside of the feature as you said. Thus, applying the” preprocessing commands” result in change the outputs according to input for each design.

This is exactly what the pre porcessing command does.

In addition you cannot use a persistent feature because the feature would change its one arguments which is not allowed because it is an infinite recursion.

Let me know if you need any further assistance and/or explanations.

A project file and a more detailed description would be helpful in order to be able to solve and understand your workflow,

Cheers,

Karsten

Hi Karsten and Carlo,

We have a situation that we need to run two tangent searches in sequence as design preprocessing, how do we arrange them in the design engine? Do we list them next to each other in the order we want them to run, or we have to do something else?

Thanks,

Zeliang