sisi

CAESES and workbench use Fluent to optimize the design and cause failure

Hello everyone
I built a parametric propeller model using Caeses and imported it into the Workbench platform, meshed it with Fluent Meshing, solved it with Fluent, and I had a problem with solving failures.
I named the propeller surface "wall_prop" and selected all the wall_prop named faces in fluent to establish the output as thrust and moment. However, whenever the parameter points are changed and the mesh is updated, the original name will become wall_prop_1, wall_prop_2...... the original name will disappear, and the output torque and force will not automatically select the new name, resulting in the calculated thrust and torque being wrong or the software directly reporting an error.
I don't know how to solve this problem so that the automated simulation can continue.

Hi Sisi,

Can you let me know how you imported the parametric geometry into Ansys Workbench?

You can name surfaces in Caeses by providing colors to the surfaces of interest which then will be transferred downstream.

Cheers

Ceyhan

On 4/2/2024 at 5:33 PM, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Sisi,

Can you let me know how you imported the parametric geometry into Ansys Workbench?

You can name surfaces in Caeses by providing colors to the surfaces of interest which then will be transferred downstream.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan Erdem,
I connected the parameterized Caeses propeller model with Workbench via Workbench's ACT plugin. Prior to this, I had already used different colors to identify the boundary conditions in Caeses, including inlet, outlet, wall, wall_prop, etc. Fluent meshing and fluent have no problem with the recognition of boundary conditions. In fluent, wall_prop becomes a name prefixed with "wall_prop" and a number as a suffix, for example: wall_prop20, wall_prop4003, and so on.
The problem is that every time I update a new design point and update the grid, the suffix numbers of these names change, and this change seems to be irregular. Since I set the force and moment of the propeller surface as output parameters in fluent, the original wall_prop name I selected disappeared and the new name was not automatically selected wall_prop.
The above is the problem I encountered with workbench automatic simulation, I don't know if you can solve it.
Best wishes.

Hi Sisi,

Can you please let me know your Ansys version?

Did you get the ACT App from the Caeses installation folder?

Cheers

Ceyhan

21 hours ago, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Sisi,

Can you please let me know your Ansys version?

Did you get the ACT App from the Caeses installation folder?

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan,
Yes, I used the correct act app. My version is Ansys 2021R1..The image below shows workbench and the changed wall names in fluent. I wonder if it's a problem with fluent meshing?

Best wishes.
sisi

屏幕截图 2024-04-06 144813.png

屏幕截图 2024-04-06 150619.png

Hi Sisi,

I cannot recreate the problem. I will suggest we have a web-meeting to speed up the process.

Please let me know when you may be available on the next days. Please keep in mind that we are using CET time zone.

You can send your availability information to erdem@friendship-systems.com.

Cheers

Ceyhan

2 hours ago, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Sisi,

I cannot recreate the problem. I will suggest we have a web-meeting to speed up the process.

Please let me know when you may be available on the next days. Please keep in mind that we are using CET time zone.

You can send your availability information to erdem@friendship-systems.com.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan,
Thank you for your responsible answer. Since my native language is not English or German, I am not proficient in listening and speaking English or German, and I can only read English words. Unfortunately and sorry, I was unable to communicate through the meeting.
To solve the problem, I will spend some time reproducing my simulation and recording a video, uploading my source file to illustrate my situation.This upload will be a day late

Best wishes.
sisi