Mr. Christian Anzalotta

Data Point Import

My issue is when I import a set of coordinates from Solidworks and generate an Image curve, the resulting curve is open-loop rather than a closed-loop. I have included a file where I import the data points, the curve was generated and then a ruled surface was executed. From experience, I found I want the original points to form a closed-loop so I do not need to post-process further to close the resultant curve from the imported data.

In the CAESES file, you will find the airfoil import Feature Definition I used from a previous forum post and modified so it retained my coordinate system. How can I modify this Feature Definition so that the resulting curves are closed. The open ends are called Airfoil:Located:Start and End so I assume within the feature definition I would include an expression to automatically create a surface-normal line from the end point to the start point and wrap the two curves in a polycurve. The preferred, ideal method is where I import the raw points, put them at radial positions and create ruled surfaces between. Also is there an extrude style option or would I have to close the geometry using lids/endplates/etc. The file looks incomplete because I had to delete some of the geometry I can't disclose.

help.fdbc