hi

I have infinite loop that i do UnCheck Variant Creation in Optimization.

Because of using Variant Creation function, i want Optimization that one objective function must be zero(nearly zero)  other is minimized.

I found similar problem that is tutorial (05_Fulfilling_Geometry_Constraints).

that tutorial is work, but when objective function is thing through other software, is not working. and infinite Optimization do...

how do i fix..?

post-903-0-10710500-1527041110_thumb.png

CFturbo_connect.fdbc

Hi Kim,

From your project I can see that you are running a TSearch in conjunction with a Brent.

The Brent is defined in "Design Preprocessing" which means it will run before each result evaluation of Sobol. So Sobol will define the parameters assigned to it, before evaluating the result it will do an internal optimization using Brent for the parameters assigned to it.

At this point one should be sure that "Variant Creation" radio button is toggled off for Brent.

From your project what I see is, "outlet width" is the parameter while "eval_dp" is the objective extracted from the external software results file however "Variant Creation" radio button is toggled on.

While in TSearch, "Impeller_diameter" and "Number_of_Blade" are the parameters and "eval_Efficiency" is the objective extracted from the same external software results file.

Which means that for the first TSearch design, "Impeller_diameter" and "Number_of_Blade" are going to be assigned by TSearch and then without any evaluation it will switch to Brent where it will predict one value for "outlet width" and send the data to external software for evaluatuion. In Brent Number of Iterations is assigned as 10, so for the same "Impeller_diameter" and "Number_of_Blade" parameters, Brent will assign a new "outlet width" parameter and run the external software 10 times in order to reduce your Brent objective which is the "eval_dp".

After the Brent run and finally having decided on an optimized value for "outlet width", it passes to TSearch where it will try to optimize the objective "eval_Efficiency" for max 50 iterations as it is assigned so. So in total you will have in max 500 runs.

One interesting point is that because both of the objectives for Brent and TSearch are derived from the External Software output, when Brent is finished and TSearch starts, the TSearch design result will be the same as the Brent best design.

Please find attached one project that both a Brent and Sobol/TSearch is used in conjunction. You will have to download and install the free tool JavaFoil in order to be able to use it.

Can you be more clear about importing number?

Cheers

Ceyhan

javafoil_simple.fdb

Hi~!

Thanks

but... my problem is  that "Variant Creation" button is toggled off.

I knew that turn off before starting Sobol/TSearch( I saw the tutorial)

I attached png file that while i off the "Variant Creation", start TSearch

when you see the image, maybe you will know what`s the problem...(not start next design)

thanks

Best regards

Moo Sung

post-903-0-70281800-1527489040_thumb.png

Hi Kim,

As I have previously mentioned, because the objective for your Brent is the output from CFturbo, in order to calculate the first TSearch design, CAESES has to wait for the CFturbo calculation of 10 Brent designs.

I do not know how much it takes for one CFturbo calculation in your case.

So maybe instead you would prefer to use Brent for internal calculation/optimization and have TSearch for the Cfturbo analysis.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi~~

I understand what you say

first, Running CFTurbo maybe takes 2~5 Seconds(1 Design)

I waited 1 day...but it`s not finish

Second, i understood using TSearch instead of Brent.  is this right?

(I tried TSearch turned off "Variant Creation"..but It`s same...to Brent)

thanks

Best regards
Moo Sung

Hi Kim,

Do you have time?

Maybe we can arrange a web-meeting and I check your setup and configuration?

Please let me know.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi~

Thanks~!

we can below days

5/30, 6/1, 6/4, 6/5, 6/7, 6/8 ...

and maybe your time 9:00AM is 4:00 PM for our. so in your time, 9:00AM~10:AM  we can

It is better for us as soon as possible.

thanks

Best regards
Moo Sung

Hi Kim,

Please check the attached project. It is a modified version of yours and in fact a work around.

What have been modified is creation of a parameter that calculates the Brent result. This parameter is added in TSearch evaluations, but not as an objective, so it will be triggered and make Brent run. And in TSearch "Design Pre/Post Processing" no Brent run is defined.

We are still working to figure out the problem.

Please let me know if it is working properly.

Cheers

Ceyhan

CFturbo_connect.fdbc

Hi Kim,

The point is that we are unable to recreate the problem and therefore figure out the root cause. Today I have sent you a personal message asking for a web-meeting. One of our developers will attend as well.

Please answer that message so that we can fix a date.

Cheers

Ceyhan