Mr. Johann-Lukas Voigt

Font Size and Perspective Camera

Hello Everyone,

I just started out using caeses and installed it on my linux laptop.

However the font  in the documentation browser is extremely tiny and I can't seem to find any setting in the options to change that, or am I missing something? I do have a high dpi display, so maybe that is an issue.

Also I was wondering where to set the camera properties since I do perfer perspective instead of orthographic projection since it gives me visually more depth information and is more natural.

Thank you for any responses!

post-981-0-31904400-1524574564_thumb.png

Hi Johann,

To adjust the font size you can click in the zoom icons just above the project tab in your print screen.
The defalt camera could be solved by saving your current display settings:
 - Click in "Enable/Disable Isometric View", the icon just before the icons X,Y,Z in a 3DView window lower right corner

- Select your prefered angle view
 - Save your settings in user configuration, on the extreme upper left corner, besides the CAESES name, there is a default settings configurations for small screens, colors and so on. Rename it and save it. Every time you open CAESES, that will be the default view. if not jsut selct it next time you open CAESES.

Hope that could be helpful.

Best regards,
Paulo

Hi Johann,

There are more options in the project tab post-8-0-04657600-1524637368_thumb.png

You can also set a perspective camera. However, this camera is a bit difficult to handle - it is not an ideal implementation (it had no priority so far). In our next major version, the behavior of the perspective camera will be improved. 

Cheers

Joerg

Thank you for your help, I managed to fix the font size issue by myself in the meantime!

The camera position is not what I was looking for, but thanks Joerg for showing me the project tab.

Indeed the orthographic camera is difficult to handle and has completely different mouse control - how do you zoom in and out ( meaning moving the camera back and forth) in this view? I guess I am going to stick with the orthographic projection until the implementation is improved ( ideally with the same controls as the default camera and an adjustable FOV )

CAESES is awesome btw, everything feels incredibly well thought trough, the interface is clean, organized and not too overwhelming for newbies, and I am amazed how easily complex geometrical operations are performed.

cheers,

Johann-Lukas

Thanks Johann-Lukas, this is great feedback. I hope you are making good progress, good luck!