Mr. Suraj Pawar

Propeller Geometry curves- non-dimensional Pitch, Skew, Camber etc.

I am trying to create propeller geometry using CAESES. I have defined non-dimensional curves for Skew, pitch, camber, camber position, chord length and maximum thickness. I have non-dimensioanlized all parameters with propeller radius.

1) Is it correct or only pitch, chord length and skew needs to be non-dimensional with radius?

2)and other parameters camber, camber position and maximum thickness should be non-dimensionalized with chord length?

Thank you.

Hi Suraj,

all functions should all be between normalized hub radius and 1 in the x-coordinate. Because with the blade object you will create the blade normalized (radius ==1). The y-values don't have to be normalized.

post-85-0-43941600-1502868021_thumb.png

Also you can refer to the propeller sample.

best regards

Carsten

Thank you. But, when you say y- values don't have to be normalized, does that mean i shall use absolute values for parameters like pitch, skew, max. thickness? Shall I specify P/R or only P??

Hi Suraj,

the default option for the pitch is the pitch to diameter ratio. So you have y-values around 1 and then you scale the function values by 2, because you define everything for a radius of 1.

post-85-0-28960900-1503302152_thumb.png

For the exact definition you can also refer to the documentation:

post-85-0-63886200-1503302152_thumb.png

best regards

Carsten