Hey Emre,

There is a Tutorial included in CAESES in the documentation browser > Tutorials > Integration > ansy. 

Which guides you through the process.

What do you mean by "with its parameters"?.

You can export the impeller as iges, step, stl and tetin (ICEM CFD file).

Cheers,

Karsten

Hey Karsten,

For example, I create a parameter named "tip_radius" (represents tip radius of impeller) and I need to import this parameter with the model of impeller into ANSYS in order to be able to change the parameter in Design Modeler of ANSYS.Also this option can help me have DOE(Design of experiments) and then I can make structural optimisation with ANSYS.

Thanks,

Emre 

Hi Emre,

This is only possible with the Pro Version of CAESES which considers a variety of optimization workflows - I guess including the one that you describe. Check this link for more information (see Batch Mode section). There is the possibility to use the trial version for a certain amount of time if you would like to test it (help > license upgrade).

There is also another post that shows how to use the batch mode in CAESES (to access and change the parameters such as the tip_radius).

Note that you could also use CAESES to do the DoE for a structural optimization (then it is ANSYS that gets triggered in the background from within the CAESES GUI). The full CAESES version offers DoE & optimization algorithms as an inbuilt and ready-to-use functionality. Just as a side note.

Does this help?

Cheers

Joerg

No problem. We have Turkish colleagues that can look into it ... ;-)

• Upvote 1

We have released an ANSYS ACT app that connects a CAESES model directly to the ANSYS Workbench. The parameters are then given in the ANSYS user interface so that you can access, change and automatically vary them e.g. in an automated process. post-8-0-03626800-1519814618_thumb.png