Hello,

i am trying to use a polycurve made of 2 different types of curves(b-spline and f-spline of different lengths) as a railcurve,but it's causing troubles to to final surface.

Is there any way that i can evenly distribute the parameter 't' of the polycurve along it's length?(OR is there any way that i can evenly distribute ii's curve points?)

Any other solution?

Nick

Hello,

on lofted_plus_railcrv_.png i have a lofted surface( sections ,made of b-splines of same degree up to the waterline, unevenly distributed along axis x,railcurve on lower part made of a polycurve with unit speed parameterization).

post-385-0-33630200-1437002482_thumb.png

When trying to change from default to unit speed parameterization on sections A&B this problem appears

post-385-0-27130700-1437002998_thumb.png

(i need section A to have unit speed for a smooth connection with the fore peak section,which is made of a polycurve .But when i add the fore peak section the problem persists.Switching off equidistant causes the railcurve not to be involved)

this is a subsurface on v1=0.5 u1=0.5( the problem is located at the corner).i think this is one possible cause.

post-385-0-68016500-1437003434_thumb.png

How can i match the parameterization of the railcurve with the v-parameter of the surface at u=0 (along the the axis x)?

Any other possible cause to the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Nick

Hey Nick,

Is it possible for you to attach the project file? If you don't want to share it if everybody send it to me.

Without a project file it is really hard/ impossible to tell what the problem might be.

Have you already seen the new Tutorial "Fast Monohull" in our current CAESES 4.0 release?

To open the Tutorial:

Go to the Documentation Browser click on Tutorials.

Best Regards

Karsten