Ms. Maria Oyeyemi

EXPORTING FULL PROPELLER INSTEAD OF BLADE ONLY

Hi,

I have followed the tutorial for designing a propeller to the latter. However I have challenges exporting the file to Ansys workbench or mechanical which i need to run the analysis. It seems every time I save it, it only saves the initial blade and not the whole propeller. How can I resolve this? 

I have saved it in every format, stp, stl, iges but it does not work. 

Maria

prop.fdbc

Dear Maria,

Sorry for the inconvenience. This export functionality has not been implemented for the propeller entity so far (because in most situations CFD users have been investigating only a single blade, using periodic boundaries).

But there is a very quick solution to this:

Please take a look at the attached screenshot. You need to create a surface group and enter the blades of the propeller. Then select the surface group and export them.

Does this help?

Cheers

Joerg

post-8-0-36266800-1436339349_thumb.png

Hi Joerg,

I was able to export it as on the png file, thank you. I however do not have the hub. Everytime i try to sew it up in Ansys, it does not because it seems the edges of the propeller do not have a direct contact with the hub, so they cannot become a full body and so remain surface bodies. I have attached what I amended.

Hi Carsten.

Thanks for your response, I tried opening the file you sent but it was blank. There was this error message with a yellow exclamation mark :excl: . It would have been a better option since it is water tight. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thank you Both.

Maria