Mr. HARIHARAN K

Rising the water surface from mean level in Star CCM+

Hi..

I am trying to do motion decay test in Star CCM+. My structure is a ship with a cylindrical part in it and the cylindrical part has a bottom opening.To do the decay test, I need to rise water level in cylindrical part compared to the mean level outside (as shown in figure attached).How do I do that in Star CCM+..?

Thanks in advance....

post-294-0-36974700-1421079087_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I am not really an expert in STAR-CCM+, maybe you can check out the FAQs in the Steve Portal (see "How can I describe a geometry with a field function")?

I have the following information from CD-adapco:

Apparently, you can do this during the initialization, simply directly initialize the tank with water. This can be done through a field function, where you describe the geometry as a cylinder.

If you need this to be done during the simulation, you can create an inlet and outlet in the tank, and let water flow through the inlet.

Maybe other users can also share their knowledge about this since I am not really sure about it.

Of course, the best way is to direclty approach the support of CD-adapco.

Hope this helps (at least a bit)...

Joerg

Hi...Joerg and Carsten..

Thank you very much for the interest you guys showed in my problem...I think I need to write used defined field function to increase pressure inside the cylinder...Also I am planning to get support from CD-adapco...Thank you for the ideas.... :)