Mr. PRABU DUPLEX

Grouping surfaces after importing IGES file.

Dear Claus, Thank you for the reply. In the default tutorial files I found the surfaces are grouped under hull, Transom, Deck etc. The file which I use when I import to cases software is showing lot of surfaces as in the attached file. But in the original file it is grouped separately as deck,hull etc.

Dear Prabu,

Do you know if there is an entity "group" in the IGES specification? I have not been aware of such information in IGES so far. If yes, do you know which type id it is?

Cheers

Claus

Hi Claus,

I could not get the information as asked by you regarding entity group. The original file is created in NAPA. If you can suggest me some settings to be done during exporting from it it will be helpful to me. I can send the file IGES file if you want to check. Else I have access to STAR CCM can I export as an STL format and start my work?

Hi Prabu,

Wat you can do is to select the surfaces that belong to the transom and create a new Scope. Then these surfaces will be inside that new Scope. Rename it to "transom" and do the same for the deck. The selection is quite easy: change to y-view and select in the 3Dview from left to right: only the objects that are completely inside the selection area will be selected.

Cheers

Claus