CJ Coll

Sobol Optimisation Hull Exporting

I have ran a Sobol Optimisation for a ship hull and want to have a trimesh surface exported for each hull variant. 

So far I have been saving them all as individual CAESES projects and then exporting the trimesh manually. Is there an easier way to do this?

image.thumb.png.6c1e8545152c8abd52e562428960be0b.png

Hi,

Within CAESES, the input and/or output geometry can be automatically exported to the corresponding folder in an optimization setup.
You can find a demonstration of the integration of STarccm+ with CAESES in our software by accessing the Help workspace and searching for "star-ccm".

Best Regards,
Andreas

Input Geometry

Thank you, so if I run a basis simulation in the connection part and get my required results, then I go to the optimisation and use Sobol analysis. How do I then run all these hull variants through StarCCM.

Or is this done when I run the sobol analysis?

If I have run the initial simulation through CAESES and now I want to run it through the Sobol analysis but I only want to analyse, say, designs 0,8,11,15,19. How can I specify this before CAESES runs all 20 variants through StarCCM, which would take far too long?

image.thumb.png.6671aeede7c0af81cfc7d44b6615546a.png