Yukai

openfoam connection problem

Hello!

If I check convert to Template when importing the input file, I find that my path will become wrong. How can I change the path so that the file copied by caeses can run?

I have added these instructions to Allrun
wmUNSET
source /opt/openfoam6/etc/bashrc
touch case.foam
I am using the openfoam version of linux ubuntu

I will compare the file I imported with the sample file and it should make my question clearer!
Pictures Q1 and Q2 are comparison pictures of file paths when importing files. The example Q1 picture has system/snappyHexMeshDict, while the Q2 picture is what it looks like after I import it. Only snappyHexMeshDict does not generate a path.

Pictures Q3 and Q4 are files copied by CAESES. In the example Q3, folders such as system and 0 are copied, while picture Q4 is what I tried and did not copy the folders system and 0.

When I tried, I always checked the option to convert to Template. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks for your help!!!

Best Regards

Q2.jpg

Q3.jpg

Q4.jpg

Q1.png

stdouterroroutput.redirect

I also want to ask when we set the STL file of snappyhexmeshdict to a CAESES output file, the snappyhexmeshdict file will run out of the system and cause a path reading error during execution. How can I parameterize the content while ensuring that the file path does not Run somewhere else?

Hi Yukai,

you can set the sub folder by adding it to the file name of your template like this:

image.png.89f26f3b1188143dd97d9b347a09a43c.png

If you have an allrun script which you execute for each design this would normally be executed in the same location as your STL file is exported to. Hence, typically referring to it by its name instead of full path works. Alternatively, you could add an entry an specify a path with getResultsDir() to have it adjust dynamically...

Cheers,
Heinrich

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr. Heinrich von Zadow said:

嗨由凱,

您可以透過將子資料夾新增至範本的檔案名稱來設定子資料夾,如下所示:

image.png.89f26f3b1188143dd97d9b347a09a43c.png

如果您有一個為每個設計執行的 allrun 腳本,則該腳本通常會在 STL 檔案匯出到的相同位置執行。因此,通常通過名稱而不是完整路徑來引用它。或者,您可以新增一個項目並使用 getResultsDir() 指定路徑以使其動態調整...

乾杯,
海因里希

Hello Heinrich,

Thank you very much for your guidance, I tried it and it worked successfully!!

I would like to ask you again how do I know that the output stl is deforming during cfd operation?
Are there any settings I need to make?

Thanks for your help!!!

Best Regards

Hi Yukai,

generally, during an optimization CAESES automatically changes Design Variables to create different shapes. Hence, you should see a change in the evaluations/objectives from your external computation. You can also create screen shots of the different variants and look at them (as well as post processing data) in the Design Viewer to compare different shapes. I recommend the Tutorial Basics/Geometry Variation and Asessment to get a good first insight.

Best regards,
Heinrich