Jake Smith

Share topology

Hi,friendship guys!

I use the MRF method to optimize the propeller design on Workbench. But there will be problems when sharing topology in Fluent Meshing.
I would like to ask if it is possible to complete the shared topology operation in CAESES.

Looking forward to your reply, thank you!

Hi Jake,

Inside Workbench, if your geometry module is DesignModeler; open it and define the geometries as shared topology as usual.

However if your geometry module is SpaceClaim; within the ACT App Properties Menu, you should find an entry only dedicated for SpaceClaim where you can assign the topology type.

I will be back in the office end of September. We can have a web-meeting if you have any questions once I am back.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan,

I have solved the problem of shared topology.

But the problem that the geometry cannot be updated automatically still exists.The complete project can be found in the file sent to your email address. By installing the latest ACT components in WORKBENCH 2023R1. Then call the 4.4.2 version of CAESES and you should be able to reproduce the issue.

thank you for your reply!

Hi Ceyhan,

The reason I'm using an older version of CAESES is because the license for the new version is a trial license. When using the ACT function, remote verification may be required. Verification may fail due to network issues. Therefore, I cannot import geometry from the new version of CAESES on WORKBENCH. Next, I'll apply for an offline license and try again.
Thank you very much for your reply!