GK_YD

Brep or Surface trimming issues

Dear all,

I'm having some issues trimming the Brep or Surface either with curves, surfaces or Breps. My intention is to parametrize the end of the Brep or Surface in order to end at the transom (x=0) of the hull, while at the same it follows the step. 

I manage only to trim the surface (04_UpperSectionSurface) first on the principal plane (X=0) first and then trim the Brep (06_Step|Upper_Section_Brep) on the step geometry, however this ends with some discrepancies on the final Brep, due to the initial trimming of the 04_UpperSectionSurface.

I'm attaching a few screenshots of the area, while also the model. Could you please advise upon the matter?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

George 

Photo1.JPG

Photo2.JPG

Photo3.JPG

TestSWAN_v2.cdbc

Edited by GK_YD
Progress updates

Hi and thank you for checking up the model. 

I checked on the proposed solution and also found the problem you've mentioned via another way of trimming the excess surface/brep. 

Regarding the No. of sections, I think I've left them 2000 by mistake, on the process of checking the potential of the surface and how it was displayed. Now I've returned both values (Interpolated points & Number of Sections) to 10 & 100 respectively, as of a previous suggestion of yours (on another post of mine).

I'm attaching the new file below, while I'd like to ask how should I close the bow upper section of the hull (till the X-plane) in a fair way, by assuring continuity in curvature (attaching relative photo as well)?

Thank you again for your time.

Best,

George

image.png

TestSWAN_v3.cdbc