GK_YD

Spray rails parametric modeling on fast monohull design

Dear all,

Currently working on a fast monohull parametric design and I'm in the process of adding some spray rails to the hull, as the images attached below.

I'd like to ask if their is any efficient way to parametrize such geometry at the hull surface and/or if anyone had worked on a similar project and maybe could share some details and insights on the topic?

Attached you may find my project while also some photos of spray rails geometries 

Thank you in advance for your time.

Best regards,

George

Photo1.JPG

Photo2.jpg

Photo3.jpg

TestSWAN_v2.cdbc

Hi George,

I took the liberty to reduce the number of sections for the metaSurface a little to get the performance a little better. Your chosen number might have slowed it down and potential later operations take long and might fail. 

If you select the hull Brep, you will find two sprayrail as operations. If you define a feature that has a Brep as typeProvider, and the first argument is a FBrepBase you can use that as an operation, which will make your project pretty slim.

For the Chine, I also generated a new surface as a RuledSurface from the upper edge of the metaSurface and a trimmed imageCurve of the side Brep.

Cheers

Claus

2023-08-28_10h21_45.thumb.png.0e2c31542431f6f431363c2953f65aa6.png

TestSWAN_v2_SR.cdbc

Dear Mr. Claus,

Thank you very much for your input and suggestions. I took my time in order to study your solution and especially how easily, though how effectively you parametrize the model. 

Thank you again for you input on my topic.

Best regards,

George