Jörg

Design Engine Setup into fsc-File for Batch Mode

CAESES / FRIENDSHIP-Framework (i.e. the pro-edition) can be used in batch mode where an ASCII file (.fsc) controls the process.

Here is a post which shows how this works.

If you want to put the design engine setup into such a fsc-file, then just select the design engine and type the following command into the console:

.writeSetupIntoFile("c:/tmp/myfile.fsc")

Of course, you can use any other file name for this purpose. See the attached screenshots for an example.

Just as a remark:

In this project, CAESES was controlled by an external optimization software and CAESES was employed as the CAD engine. I configured and ran a design engine for checking the ranges of my design variables. The final setup was then written into the batch control file.

Cheers

Joerg

post-8-0-78211600-1378390539_thumb.png

Hi Joerg,

Thanks for the information. Please can you explain further how you integrated FFW with the external optimization software. I recently tried to integrate FFW  with Isight optimization software but didnt work. I first  used the .fsc file as a source file to read the design variables in Isight ,  then used the command, framework_crt.exe myBatchRun.fsc( as in documentation) to run FFW in batch mode in the Isight command line.

The Error message was that the file and name did  not exist. I used the same "myBatchRun.fsc" for convenience.

Any ideas?

Hi Richard,

NEW: check out this post which shows a very simple example!

ORIGINAL ANSWER:

Please find attached an example that I used in combination with another external optimization tool. You need to make sure that the paths are correct, i.e. use either absolute paths when you reference files or start FFW from within the directory where the fsc and fdb are located. I guess this is the problem. Optimization tools typically start FFW from within a previously created design directory so you have to copy the fdb and the fsc file into each design directory before starting FFW (this can be done by "cp" commands in a script).

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Joerg

batch.zip