Mr. Vineet Soni

Creating design varibles from mesh

Hello,

I am a master student, and new to this software. I have an optimization task to do. But, I have only mesh of the model (.cas and .dat file of fluent). I have successfully imported the mesh in CAESES-FFW.

Now, I need to have some design variables which I can use for optimization.

I believe that in order to have design variables, first I need to have points, curves, surfaces, etc. Can anybody please tell me how can I create design variables from mesh?

Best regards

Vineet SONI

Hey Vineet,

• If you want to have a fully parametric model you have to rebuild the geometry, insert some design variables for the optimization and fit your model to the original.
  • If you have a stl have you can create a partial parametric model. Therefore FFW/CAESES offers some transformation (e.g. delta shift transformation).

What kind of optimization you want to do? What does the geometry look like? Can you give me some more information about your project? Then it is easier to give you some more assistants.

Best Regards

Karsten

Hi together,

There is also the option to use an image structured mesh etc in order to deform the mesh directly. Use a delta shift or surface delta shift for deformation. In addition, check out the spot transformation, see the morphing sample that comes with CAESES/FFW. I think the sample section "transformations" is basically a good starting point.

Cheers

Joerg

post-8-0-88429300-1372144282_thumb.png