Mr. Suraj Pawar

Design Variable Curves Sobol

I am using Sobol sequence to generate several geometries of the propeller. The pitch of the propeller is controlled by four points and these four points are design variables.

I would like to know if it is possible to plot pitch distribution curves for all designs in a single plot. If I open a particular design from Sobol, then I can see the pitch corresponding to that design. But I want pitch distribution of all designs in a single plot. 

I have attached the image from one of the optimization studies done using Caeses framework.  

Thank you. 

post-902-0-83733900-1536254358_thumb.jpg

Hi Suraj,

Currently, this is not readily possible within CAESES. Probably there is a way - there is always a way in CAESES ;-) such as writing a feature that parses the design directories to collect the pitch curve information and plot it in the 3d view etc. 

We have plans for such a functionality in the next major release. But 4.x does not have it so far.

Does this help?

Joerg

I created a file which imports data from a text file and creates a list of B-spline curves. Each B-spline curve is created using four control points. But, I can not see all the curves which are on that list. I can only see one curve which is the last member of this list. 

If you can suggest a way to see all curves, that would be of great help. 

Thank you. 

sobol_pitch.zip