Hey,

I think nearly everbody has heard about or seen an Archimedes screw. For those of you how haven't heard about it you can find more details here: https://en.wikipedia...edes'_screw

I've created a small model of an archimedes screw. The Archimedes screw is created with a genericcurve for the spiral, a couple of lines and two sorts of surfaces.

The model gives you the ability to change the length, outerradius, period and innerradius of the spiral and furthermore the outerthickness of the outercontour.

Feel free to play around with it and try your own screws or other amazing spiral objects.

Regards

Karsten

post-41-0-72583200-1368554209_thumb.png

ArchimedesScrew.fdb

Hi Folks,

Thank's to Karsten I can give you a quick example on animated geometry. I opened the ArchimedesScrew.fdb and created a GLimage (select the Surface that will be animated first), then create a rotation about the x axis, and set the center of the rootLid of the shaft as the center of rotation (select surface, then create point). RMB in the angle of rotation and create a designVariable. Finally, create a timer object (visualization menue) and set the increment of the designvariable for the angle of rotation. To start the animation, click on the icon of the timer, to stop it, do the same again.

Have fun!

post-20-0-85033300-1368711920_thumb.pngpost-20-0-65302800-1368711935_thumb.pngpost-20-0-76520100-1368711947_thumb.png

ArchimedesScrewAnimated.fdb

• Upvote 1