Mr. ALVARO GARCIA

Problem Modeling JetSki Impeller

Hi,

I've been modeling a jet ski impeller based on this tutorial https://www.caeses.com/blog/2015/video-blade-design-tutorial/ and I already got something like its shown in Picture 1.

Nevertheless, on the last step, I came across the following problem. In the original impeller (Picture 2), the value for Theta varies along the Leading edge from 0 to a certain angle (e.g 45º), as the theta value along the Trailing edge remains constant, generating a straight line (marked in red Picture 2). I attempted to achieve the same result expressing the value of general Theta through a fspline which varies from 0º to 45º throughout the x-axis. However, I got something as I already expected, which is shown in Picture 3, where the theta value varies from 0º to 45º throughout the x-axis but along the whole surface. 

What options do I have in order to apply this change to the Leading Edge but keeping the theta value for the Trailing Edge constant creating a straight line, achieving a impeller like shown in Picture 2 ??

Thanks in advance

Best regards.

post-849-0-56870200-1492542519_thumb.png

post-849-0-23263200-1492542523_thumb.jpg

post-849-0-71971800-1492542524_thumb.png

Hi Alvaro,

I am not sure whether I've understood correctly, but maybe you can somehow set up your model such that the straight line at the trailing edge is your reference (e.g. by somehow rotating back the trailing edge sections to the straight line). On the other hand, this will of course effect your leading edge shape. Or, you calculate the theta-positions of the straight line and assign it to the distribution.

Just loose ideas without really trying it out... maybe it gives you some additional ideas.

Cheers

Joerg