Mr. Yu Liu

Difficulty showing new objects

Hello,

I just started learning parametric modeling using Caeses and couldn't figure out how to show the objects I created. It's very likely I missed something obvious to most people, but as a beginner, I hope someone could kindly offer some help here. I attached a project file which only contains a NACA 4DS curve. Somehow I couldn't make it visible.

Thank you very much!

Best,

01_First_Modeling_Steps.fdbc

Hi Yu Liu,

When I open your file, I can see something, see the attachment. Maybe you set the object or the baseline node invisible (click on the icons in the tree), or your 3D view filters are active.

Does this help?

Cheers

Joerg

post-8-0-81138800-1435818900_thumb.png

post-8-0-90192200-1435818983_thumb.png

Another option: Maybe everything is visible but you have zoomed into the scene too much. Just click the buttons in the 3D view (see attachment) to zoom out again, or to zoom into the selected object (yellow icon).

I would recommend to watch some of our videos (e.g on youtube) to learn more about the GUI. There is also a tutorial in the CAESES documentation browser that explains this stuff, it is the first tutorial. Please check it out, there are many nice and useful details for working with CAESES.

Cheers

Joerg

post-8-0-72160200-1435819116_thumb.png

Hi Yu Liu,

When I open your file, I can see something, see the attachment. Maybe you set the object or the baseline node invisible (click on the icons in the tree), or your 3D view filters are active.

Does this help?

Cheers

Joerg

Joerg,

Thank you very much for the suggestion. It was due to the 3D filter being on. I should have read the 3D viewer tutorial more carefully...

Best,

Yu