I have created a feature which derives the points of an intersecting face of two solids.
I tried to comment all steps of the feature.
The feature inputs are a difference and an intersection.
The outputs are
- an objectlist which contains all points of the intersecting surface
- an offset and a bsplinecurve
A small note: If the solids have a high number of points than it might take 30-60 sec until the feature is finished.
Therefore while testing the feature start with small solid with less than 200 points.
An idea for cutting your trimesh with the surface is:
- create a trimesh of your surface
- use the extrude to plane postprocessor
- create a new solid for the difference the source should be Surfacetrimesh - originalTrimesh and for the intersection a "*" between
- set the intersection and difference for the feature arguments
- see the result :-)
I've added an example how to intersect a Brep with a surface. Maybe it is worth a try to build your geometry with brep.
If you have any question I am happy to help you.