Contour Plot Legends with Shipflow Results

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mr. Evangelos Boutsianis_*

Guest_Mr. Evangelos Boutsianis_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:10 AM

Hi all,

I remember in the previous versions of FFW that one could see the waveheight or pressure contour legends/colormap along with the shipflow results. How can this be activated in the 3DView windows?

Please advise,

Evangelos

#2 Mr. Claus Abt

Mr. Claus Abt

• Moderators
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:02 AM

Hi Evangelos,

In the tutorial "postprocessing" you can find the description on page 4 and 5.

Cheers

Claus

#3 Guest_Mr. Evangelos Boutsianis_*

• Guests

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

Thanks Claus,

and is there an easy way to offset the visualizations and have them all in the same 3DView window?

Thanks,

Evangelos

#4 Mr. Claus Abt

Mr. Claus Abt

• Moderators
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

HI Evangelos,

If you display results, you should be able to lock results of a currently displayed design (the green lock in the bottom tool bar) and then you can find options for mirroring, shifting etc at the upper edge of the window. If you then select a different design you can compare the results ... In addition there is the design viewer ...

Cheers

Claus

#5 Guest_Mr. Evangelos Boutsianis_*

• Guests

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for the tips,

but what if we are looking at the same design and want to examine the shipflow results at 2 different speeds? Is it possible to display 2 contour plots from different computations on the same 3DView window "next" to each other?

Thanks,

Evangelos

#6 Mr. Claus Abt

Mr. Claus Abt

• Moderators
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

Maybe, I must admid, I have no solution to that right now, but what you can do is to open a second (or third or fourth or ...) GL window and display the results from the second speed in that window. If you want to compare details, you can use the same camera in both windows i.e. the zoom end viewpoint etc. will be the same for both.

Cheers

Claus