---------------------- Turbomachinery ----------------------

This is a META-thread, which helps you to keep track of all posts relevant to Turbomachinery.

- The first post should contain links to all relevant threads. It is re-edited regularly.

- I try to keep this META up to date. However, I don't always catch everything, so please post links to any threads you think should be here. I will add them to the existing ones in the first post and periodically clean all other post from this thread.

Thanks,

Mattia

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I am a mechanical engineering student working on a project of axial flow propeller turbine.The distortion of the blade is to be such that there is a different stagger angle at each radii for which I presume multiple profiles have to be generated and linked.The question is how?The model we created (no camber and constant blade thickness) was made in Creo parametric which makes it too difficult to add camber and make the profile aerofoil.  

Any sort of help would be great regarding the modelling of the blade in caeses.I couldn't find any video tutorials for the same.

Thank you.

Hey,

here you can find videos on our website and on youtube.

In our blog you can find some post about blade modeling as well.

In CAESES you can find several tutorials included covering blade design.

You can find them in the documentation browser > tutorials > Blade design

In the samples section in the documentation browser you can find a bunch of samples which illustrate how to achieve a blade with different stagger angle at each radii.

Here is a forum post about blade modeling as well. If you use the forum search (on the top right corner) and search for impeller or blade design you will find some more information.

post-41-0-76672900-1446736523_thumb.png

Hope this helps. If you have more questions let me know. :-)

Cheers,

Karsten