I reduced the maximum radius of my blade to 0.95 and then adding the propeller tip as the official guide suggests, but I ended up with this weird folded geometry for me at the tip. I played around with the maximum radius with no change, so I'm not sure what's causing it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Here are some pictures of the weird tip geometry; I also attached my project file below. 

xdthxdgh.thumb.PNG.9b4804f23c6076f9f286ffaf51651be5.PNGsrtfgnd.thumb.PNG.d5ab944252e13cce6fa84cfaf89cb9ab.PNG

propeller.cdbc

Hi,

Attached is a revised version of your project with the correct tip geometry. The changes I made involve setting the camber close to the tip region to zero. This adjustment addresses inconsistencies in tip geometry and does not significantly impact performance, as is common practice in propeller design.

I also included the trailing edge (TE) surface, as required by the NACA geometry used for the curve engine. Given that the engine has an open TE, the blade surface needs to be closed with a TE surface for proper alignment.

In summary, I followed the propeller sample workflow to ensure accuracy and adherence to design standards.

Best Regards,
Andreas

image.png

propellerTipRev.cdbc

3 hours ago, Andreas Arapakopoulos said:

Hi,

Attached is a revised version of your project with the correct tip geometry. The changes I made involve setting the camber close to the tip region to zero. This adjustment addresses inconsistencies in tip geometry and does not significantly impact performance, as is common practice in propeller design.

I also included the trailing edge (TE) surface, as required by the NACA geometry used for the curve engine. Given that the engine has an open TE, the blade surface needs to be closed with a TE surface for proper alignment.

In summary, I followed the propeller sample workflow to ensure accuracy and adherence to design standards.

Best Regards,
Andreas

image.png

propellerTipRev.cdbc 840 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you! One more issue though, when I try to create a propeller with this blade as an input, the blades on the propeller are missing the tip. What do I need to fix this?

Hi again,

I have completed the update on the revised file for the tip geometry, which now encompasses the entire propeller. Additionally, I've incorporated parameters such as propeller diameter and the number of blades to ensure its proper functionality.

Please find attached the aforementioned file for your review.

Best Regards,
Andreas

image.png

propellerTipRevNew.cdbc