sisi

CAESES & Workbench SCDM

Hi everybody,
I can't pass the boundary conditions of a 2D model to Ansys Workbench SCDM, even though I've defined inlets, walls, outlets with colors and imported Workbench by ACT APP.

Hi SIsi,

I will suggest you to use DesignModeler in case you have a 2D body with assigned colors to the BRep. However if you are using SpaceClaim, the procedure is more complex requiring you to use a Feaure created in Caeses. I still need to work on the SpaceClaim code to make it work with 2D boundaries.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan,
Thank you very much for your answer, my switch to DM did work and now I can do 2D automated solving.
Cheers

sisi

Hi Sisi,

Glad that it worked. Please remember that due to changes in design, your BRep Edge numbers may change as well. Creating an inconsistency and hence failure to assign a color.

You can use the attached simple Feature Definition where the user is expected to add the edges that will create the 2D geometry as input. Please assign the colors to the edges before adding to the list.

The fature then will create a BRep using the provided edges and then assign those colors to the corresponding BRep edges.

Cheers

Ceyhan

2D_boundaries_forNamedSelection.fdf

19 hours ago, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Sisi,

Glad that it worked. Please remember that due to changes in design, your BRep Edge numbers may change as well. Creating an inconsistency and hence failure to assign a color.

You can use the attached simple Feature Definition where the user is expected to add the edges that will create the 2D geometry as input. Please assign the colors to the edges before adding to the list.

The fature then will create a BRep using the provided edges and then assign those colors to the corresponding BRep edges.

Cheers

Ceyhan

2D_boundaries_forNamedSelection.fdf 2 kB · 1 download

Hi Ceyhan,

I'm sorry to bother you again. I still have problems with parameter updates.
At the moment, I can change the parameters from DP0 in the workbench parameter set, and the model changes in the DM as well. But when I update the design points DP1, DP2, DP3...... , there will be no changes to the model in the DM (picture1). I've changed some settings about DM, but it's still not going well. Also, for some reason, in DM, the parameter bar is blank(picture3). Earlier when I used solidworks to import a parametric model, I needed to tick the parameters in the DM.
I hope you will be able to help me with this. The following images may help.

屏幕截图 2024-04-16 192250.png

屏幕截图 2024-04-16 193227.png

屏幕截图 2024-04-16 193301.png

Hi Sisi,

There must be an error in your setup.

Can you please provide me your Caeses project file, fsc file together with your Ansys project file.

You can send them to erdem@friendship-systems.com.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Just now, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Sisi,

There must be an error in your setup.

Can you please provide me your Caeses project file, fsc file together with your Ansys project file.

You can send them to erdem@friendship-systems.com.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan,
I will send an email to your email as soon as possible. Thanks for your answer.

Cheers

sisi

Hi Sisi,

I have sent you back your revised model. There were several errors in your setup. Also you did not even use the feature that I have provided  earlier.

I will suggest you to go over the Workbench Connection Tutorial in detail and in case you are using 2D geometry, utilize the feature definition I have provided earlier.

Cheers

Ceyhan

On 4/20/2024 at 4:56 AM, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Sisi,

I have sent you back your revised model. There were several errors in your setup. Also you did not even use the feature that I have provided  earlier.

I will suggest you to go over the Workbench Connection Tutorial in detail and in case you are using 2D geometry, utilize the feature definition I have provided earlier.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi  Ceyhan,

Sincerely thank you for your reply, I carefully looked at the model you sent me and re-set it as you suggested, it was of great help.

Cheers

sisi