sisi

B-series propller in CAESES

Hi,guys,
excuse me .I can't find the B-series propller in CAESES sample. How could get or design it ? I have to implement it in my project.Can you give me some advice or help with the B series?
Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks.

Hi Sisi,

The B-series propeller is currently not available as a sample in CAESES.

For a design of such a propeller, you can visit our web application at: https://www.wageningen-b-series-propeller.com/
Additional information about these tools can be found in this post: https://www.caeses.com/news/2018/wageningen-b-series-online-propeller-tool-released/

Given that the B-series is widely recognized as one of the most comprehensive and commonly used propeller series in marine propulsion, you can also access extensive information in various academic papers.

Alternatively, you can explore a conventional propeller sample that is not based on the B-series. This allows you to independently examine a typical propeller workflow within CAESES.

Best Regards,
Andreas

On 1/16/2024 at 3:19 PM, Andreas Arapakopoulos said:

Hi Sisi,

The B-series propeller is currently not available as a sample in CAESES.

For a design of such a propeller, you can visit our web application at: https://www.wageningen-b-series-propeller.com/
Additional information about these tools can be found in this post: https://www.caeses.com/news/2018/wageningen-b-series-online-propeller-tool-released/

Given that the B-series is widely recognized as one of the most comprehensive and commonly used propeller series in marine propulsion, you can also access extensive information in various academic papers.

Alternatively, you can explore a conventional propeller sample that is not based on the B-series. This allows you to independently examine a typical propeller workflow within CAESES.

Best Regards,
Andreas

Dear Andreas,
Thank you for your help. What you share is useful, I'm currently making some progress with Propeller Blade Analysis. At the moment I have a new problem, tips can't be created on the propeller.
Thank you again for your help.
Best regards

司思Si si

prop_para.cdbc

Hi again,

I recommend starting by examining the sample propeller provided in CAESES, as it offers a comprehensive representation of geometric modeling for a propeller, encompassing both the hub and tip.

Best Regards,
Andreas
image.png.5080a0a27f60423aeeacceea4511c238.png

On 1/18/2024 at 6:52 PM, Andreas Arapakopoulos said:

Hi again,

I recommend starting by examining the sample propeller provided in CAESES, as it offers a comprehensive representation of geometric modeling for a propeller, encompassing both the hub and tip.

Best Regards,
Andreas
image.png.5080a0a27f60423aeeacceea4511c238.png

Dear Andreas,

Thank you. I solved the problem of propeller modeling from the example you mentioned above. After that, I started the simulation. I looked at the tutorials and cases of the workbench interface.
However, when I finished building the model and importing it into ANSYS Workbench, I looked at it in SCDM and the model was always magnified 1,000 times. This makes automated simulation and optimization impossible.
I'm guessing there might be something wrong with workbench's unit system, and my setting of SI units to default is invalid. I wonder if you can solve this tricky problem?
Sincerely, respects.
司思Si Si

Dear 司思Si Si,

Please verify in Caeses that the units are correctly set to the appropriate ones.
For instance, you might have specified units in millimeters, but if the project is set in meters, overlooking this could potentially explain why the model appears to be consistently magnified by a factor of 1,000.

Best Regards,

Andreas

image.png

Dear Andreas,

Thank you for your answer. I've noticed you mentioned this, but this doesn't solve the problem. In CAESES, my fluid domain length is 4.2m. When I set it to meter on the above page, it's 4200m in ANSYS Workbench. When I set it to milimeter on the above page, it was 4.2mm in ANSYS Workbench. So neither of these units can get the right value, and that's what confuses me for a few days.

Sincerely, respects.
Si Si