Yukai

How to continue running after optimization interruption

Hello!!

If the error occurs when the optimization and CFD are performed, the CAESES is closed, will it continue to execute the place where you can re -interrupt?

For example, I use SOBOL to deform 20 projects and perform CFD computing, but the storage space is full when it runs to half, so that he cannot continue the operation. So, can I continue the operation from the interrupted place next time?

Thanks for your help!!!

Best Regards
YuKai

Hi Yukai,

There are 2 options in your case:

1. Set the Sequence Start Index of the Sobol to 10 (or wherever it stopped the first time) so that it does not start from the beginning when you run it the second time.

2. Select the result pool from the first run when starting the second one. This way, the results will be linked and the CFD is not re-run.

Cheers,
Heinrich

29 minutes ago, Mr. Heinrich von Zadow said:

Hi Yukai,

1. Set the Sequence Start Index of the Sobol to 10 (or wherever it stopped the first time) so that it does not start from the beginning when you run it the second time.

2. Select the result pool from the first run when starting the second one. This way, the results will be linked and the CFD is not re-run.

Cheers,
Heinrich

HI Heinrich

Thank you so much

I will try to see it right away

Best Regards
YuKai

On 1/15/2024 at 3:08 PM, Mr. Heinrich von Zadow said:

Hi Yukai,

Cheers,
Heinrich

HI Heinrich

After I tried it, I found that if I used the first method you mentioned, he would run out of sobol_02 and start running again.

The second method will also run out of sobol_02 and start over.

Is this correct?

Best Regards
YuKai

Hi Yukai,

yes, both will start a new run counting the designs from desing0000 and onwards. It's just that in case 1: the designs (in terms of values of the design variables) that are created are the exact same you would have seen if your initial Sobol ran through. In case 2 things will start from the beginning again, but the designs you have already run a CFD for will be linked instead of re-run.

You can just grab an easy and fast example (e.g. the Jumper Sample) and play around a little to get familiar.

Cheers,
Heinrich

23 hours ago, Mr. Heinrich von Zadow said:

Hi Yukai,

yes, both will start a new run counting the designs from desing0000 and onwards. It's just that in case 1: the designs (in terms of values of the design variables) that are created are the exact same you would have seen if your initial Sobol ran through. In case 2 things will start from the beginning again, but the designs you have already run a CFD for will be linked instead of re-run.

You can just grab an easy and fast example (e.g. the Jumper Sample) and play around a little to get familiar.

Cheers,
Heinrich

HI Heinrich

Thank you so much

I understand

Best Regards
YuKai