CJ Coll

Lines Plan Editing

I am having a similar problem, where I am creating a lines plan, but I cannot move my text for the Lpp and draught so they overlap. Is there a way to change this?

Also is there a way to add a line that follows the bulwark / topdeck and remove the points in the profile view?image.thumb.png.32c6b730c5ee929a441adc4b18bf50d6.png

Hi CJ Coll,

I edited the feature so that the labels are not on top of each other anymore and the points are removed inside the profile view. You can find the edited linesplan feature attached to this reply. To toggle the visibilty of the orientation points from the group section curves, you can use the command .setShowOrientation(true/false). If you want to further edit the feature yourself, you can access the it in your CAESES installation directory under "CAESES...\etc\features\features\Maritime".

To add a line that follows the topdeck, my solution was to create an image curve from the hull's surface/brep upper edge.

I hope that solves your problem. If not, don't hesitate to ask.

Linesplan_edited.fde

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 9:36 AM, Weber said:

Hi CJ Coll,

I edited the feature so that the labels are not on top of each other anymore and the points are removed inside the profile view. You can find the edited linesplan feature attached to this reply. To toggle the visibilty of the orientation points from the group section curves, you can use the command .setShowOrientation(true/false). If you want to further edit the feature yourself, you can access the it in your CAESES installation directory under "CAESES...\etc\features\features\Maritime".

To add a line that follows the topdeck, my solution was to create an image curve from the hull's surface/brep upper edge.

I hope that solves your problem. If not, don't hesitate to ask.

Linesplan_edited.fde 27.79 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much for taking the time to do this, but I am unsure of how to import your edited lines plan into my project, could you help me with this? I am also unsure where I would insert that command line.

Again, many thanks

Hi CJ Coll,

Apologies for the late response.

I would simply import the edited feature definition via "Import Definition" which is located in the "Features" section in the Model Workspace. After the import, you can right-click on the feature and select "Create Feature" to create a feature in the object tree. To view and edit the feature, double-click on the feature inside the "Features" section. 

To locate commands inside a feature, you can use the searching command (Ctrl+f). You can find the commands in the lines 30,35 and 40 and just change the input from "false" to "true" in order to make the objects visible.

I hope that answers your questions.

Best regards,

Johannes

image.png.1786cf043f191b260c9cef50f04af736.png