Yukai

The operation openfoam in caeses cannot converge

HI!
I have a question
After I completed the openfoam connection in CAESES, he needed to run it for the first time so that he could have reference values for optimization. However, during the first execution, he was unable to converge and openfoam terminated the calculation.

I know this seems to be a problem with openfoam, but when I exported the model and ran it alone through openfoam, it was successfully executed and converged, and all my settings in openfoam were the same.

I don't understand why the openfoam operation in caeses cannot converge, but openfoam alone can converge normally?

Thanks for your help!!!

Best Regards
YuKai

Hi Yukai,

Please reevaluate to ensure consistency between the input files and input geometries in both scenarios.
Additionally, examine the CAESES stdouterroroutput.output file, serving as a log file, to review the solver output and understand the current processes.

Best Regards,
Andreas

1 hour ago, Andreas Arapakopoulos said:

Hi Yukai,

Please reevaluate to ensure consistency between the input files and input geometries in both scenarios.
Additionally, examine the CAESES stdouterroroutput.output file, serving as a log file, to review the solver output and understand the current processes.

Best Regards,
Andreas

HI Andreas

I really appreciate your reply to me

Is this after I execute stdouterroroutput.redirect once and it seems to be normal?
However, openfoam still calculated the divergence, so the calculation was terminated!

I set the endtime to 10000, but the current calculation diverges when it reaches 155.

I am using version 5.1.7, which is not the latest version. Could this be relevant?

stdouterroroutput.redirect

Hi Yukai,

In general, it is always recommended to use the latest version, but I don't believe this is causing any issues. Please carefully compare the input files and geometries in both scenarios.

Additionally, examine the OpenFOAM log file to identify any differences between the two scenarios. It's possible that while the input geometry remains the same, a distinct mesh is being generated for some reason and this mesh is serving as the input in OpenFOAM.

Inspect the mesh generator's properties to ensure there are no hidden factors contributing to instability.

As far as the CAESES setup is concerned, there shouldn't be any significant differences compared to the manual process. The only distinction lies in executing the "Allrun.sh" command from the CAESES GUI rather than directly from the console.

Best Regards,
Andreas

On 12/6/2023 at 4:59 PM, Andreas Arapakopoulos said:

Hi Yukai,

In general, it is always recommended to use the latest version, but I don't believe this is causing any issues. Please carefully compare the input files and geometries in both scenarios.

Additionally, examine the OpenFOAM log file to identify any differences between the two scenarios. It's possible that while the input geometry remains the same, a distinct mesh is being generated for some reason and this mesh is serving as the input in OpenFOAM.

Inspect the mesh generator's properties to ensure there are no hidden factors contributing to instability.

As far as the CAESES setup is concerned, there shouldn't be any significant differences compared to the manual process. The only distinction lies in executing the "Allrun.sh" command from the CAESES GUI rather than directly from the console.

Best Regards,
Andreas

Hi  Andreas,

I really appreciate your reply to me

After comparing the two situations, I only found that some values when calculating interfoam were different, and the settings of snappyHexmesh I used for mesh generation were all the same!!
I'll keep trying to figure out where the problem is when generating the mesh!!

P.S. I wanted to install the new version 5.2.4 to try it out, but after the installation was completed, I found that it could not be opened.

This was his error.

If you have crashes using a custom file dialog (PDF generation or OpenProject) add "-style plastique" to your start script
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "/home/yukai/Desktop/CAESES_5.2.4_Linux.x86_64/bin/Linux.x86_64/platforms/" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs (from /home/yukai/Desktop/CAESES_5.2.4_Linux.x86_64/bin/Linux.x86_64/platforms/), linuxfb (from /home/yukai/Desktop/CAESES_5.2.4_Linux.x86_64/bin /Linux.x86_64/platforms/), minimal (from /home/yukai/Desktop/CAESES_5.2.4_Linux.x86_64/bin/Linux.x86_64/platforms/), minimalegl (from /home/yukai/Desktop/CAESES_5.2.4_Linux .x86_64/bin/Linux.x86_64/platforms/), offscreen (from /home/yukai/Desktop/CAESES_5.2.4_Linux.x86_64/bin/Linux.x86_64/platforms/), vnc (from /home/yukai/Desktop/ CAESES_5.2.4_Linux.x86_64/bin/Linux.x86_64/platforms/), webgl (from /home/yukai/Desktop/CAESES_5.2.4_Linux.x86_64/bin/Linux.x86_64/platforms/), xcb (from /home/ yukai/Desktop/CAESES_5.2.4_Linux.x86_64/bin/Linux.x86_64/platforms/), eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, webgl, xcb.

./CAESES: line 115: 20882 Aborted (core dumped) ${FS_INSTALL_DIR}/bin/Linux.x86_64/CAESES $ARGS "$@"

I don't know how to solve it. I tried reinstalling and using -style plastique as mentioned above, but I couldn't successfully open it.

Thanks for your help!!!

Best Regards
YuKai

On 12/13/2023 at 9:16 PM, Andreas Arapakopoulos said:

Hi Yukai,

Unfortunately, it seems there's an issue with a Linux library.
To address this, could you please try removing the files named libssl.* and libcrypto.* from the lib directory within the CAESES installation?

Best Regards,
Andreas

HI Andreas,

Sorry for replying to you so late
After I deleted it, I still can't log in to the latest version of CAESES.