Susan

full parametric modeling of the bow

Hi,anyone here,I want to do a full parametric modeling of the bow,it's  an icebreaker bow ,but i don't know how to do it. I  hope someone  can  help me.

Sincerely !!!

Susan

1 hour ago, Mr. Heinrich von Zadow said:

Hi Susan,

do you have something to start with (an existing CAD file, hull lines, etc.)?

Yes,I have a 3D,completed hull.

That sounds like a good start. I'd start importing it and look into partially parametric modelling techniques. BRep morphing, Free Form Deformations, Delta Shifts all work well in different areas of hull design. If you have specific questions regarding particular shape variations, feel free to ask. A lot also depends on constraints and the objective of your optimization problem.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Heinrich von Zadow said:

That sounds like a good start. I'd start importing it and look into partially parametric modelling techniques. , Free Form Deformations, Delta Shifts all work well in different areas of hull design. If you have specific questions regarding particular shape variations, feel free to ask. A lot also depends on constraints and the objective of your optimization problem.

Yes, I have tried  to do a  BRep morphing by FFD to the bow ,but it changed  too little.So I try to rebuild the bow of the ship.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Heinrich von Zadow said:

There is plenty of material. Have you had a look into the documentation?

Unfortunately, I don't have any materials and can only rely on the help documents in the software,and I do not find some material about  full parametric modeling.

On 11/14/2023 at 3:42 PM, Mr. Heinrich von Zadow said:

Hi Susan, 

I'd recommedn to start with these: (they are part of any CAESES installation)

image.thumb.png.c771a22b750e024eaff9c10302fcdd64.png

Hi,Mr. Heinrich von Zadow,I  find a sample and learned it ,now I built some surface of the bow, but there  is a surface can not match with other surfaces. I wonder if you have advice.  Thankfully!!! I used the future below. And result is as follows.  

image.png

image.png

Hi Susan,

If you use this method "smooth joint to stem" for the selected surface in your screen shot you will have to make sure the adjacent surface is defined such that it results in the same shape along the joint edge (possibly you will also want continuity accross the edge -- that would be another thing to keep in mind).

What about you trim the upper surface and extend the lower one all the way to the max height?

BTW: Which version of CAESES are you working with? Looks like a 4.x to me. I definitely recommend to update to the latest 5.2.4 -- there is years of development in between them.

Cheers,
Heinrich