Memorise

Merge multiplt NurbsCurve into one curve for the export of geomTurbo

Hello anyone,

I meet a problem about the curves and geomTurb and the detailde is listed as below.

1. In the module of "Export GeomTurbo File", the contours of Hub, Shroud, Leading edge and tailing Edeg is needed, which is required to input one single Curve.AND THE PROBLEM IS that these curves are not the single one and HOW CAN I MERGE IT?

2. The geometry is imported through .STEP created by UG, which is recognized as FBrepPart. HOW CAN I CREATE curve on it, such as the mid-curve of a plane shown in the figure.

I'm a new comer to CAESES and I will be grateful if anyone could give me a hand!

BTW:: The file including the solid of the blade is uploaded and anyone can do modification on it which can give me some valuable suggestion.

Best Wishes

Memorise

image.thumb.png.4c573ece83411d029ad91e4a7d8e1767.png

image.thumb.png.30324c165084ed92a9c5b6a777af1dc2.png

image.thumb.png.7e7a6117944c2818a4a20731787500ff.png

GEO2.cdbc

Hi Memorise,

1. You can use a polycurve to combine several curves and create a single one.

2. Among the curves group, you may be interested to check the BRep Based curves;

screen2.thumb.png.4e8a00d57e58e882017a0d833f3ccfb2.png

But I will strongly recommend you to perform the basic Caeses tutorials first. Seems you lack some fundamental concepts in Caeses.

Cheers

Ceyhan

15 hours ago, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Memorise,

1. You can use a polycurve to combine several curves and create a single one.

2. Among the curves group, you may be interested to check the BRep Based curves;

screen2.thumb.png.4e8a00d57e58e882017a0d833f3ccfb2.png

But I will strongly recommend you to perform the basic Caeses tutorials first. Seems you lack some fundamental concepts in Caeses.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hello Ceyhan,

1. The polycurve I tried cannot fit the original curves

2. Is there any way that the curve section of GeomTurbo can be input several curves?

Thank you very much, Ceyhan!

Best wishes !

Memorise

Hi Memorise,

Can you please be more specific? What do you mean by "The polycurve I tried cannot fit the original curves"?

Can you provide some visuals?

Cheers

Ceyhan

5 hours ago, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Memorise,

Can you please be more specific? What do you mean by "The polycurve I tried cannot fit the original curves"?

Can you provide some visuals?

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hello Ceyhan,

I'm sorry that I don't get the usage of  the polyCurves. After reading the HELP, I know it.

However, I have new question about the sum of Surface. As the geometry is imported from external STEP file, the surfaces from STEP is reconginzed as "FBrepPart". And I tried to use "Extract Surface" but the blending edge is wrong. And my goal is store all the surface inton one surface. So, the problem is how to extract these surfaces or collect them into one surface. Or what can I do in the extenal GEOMETRY software before imported into CAESES?

Best wishes!

Memorise

image.thumb.png.946901e0ffb4f7cf198af4298108f5d2.png

Basically, the surface is imported in CAESES, but it recognized as "FBrepPart", which is confused. The original surface is shown as below. When using polySurface or ImageSurface, the result of surface will exceed the surface I selected, shown as the second Fig.

Therefore, I tried the trimming operation with INTERSECTION. However, every edeg is needed to trim and the surface is straight. So, is it any effective way to trim the boundary? T_T

image.thumb.png.ac79a67d4cc692d7b0fbfba2c30995df.png

image.thumb.png.bf55bfca9f75fba626987c398c6e8d69.png

image.thumb.png.32262da186e92b9dd3c3bdcd3c54223e.png

HI Memorise,

When you use the command getSurface() in a BRep or let's say when you try to convert a BRep face into a surface type entity what you basically get is the underlying surface that is used to build the BRep. So it is not a wrong geometry that you are obtaining but your method is wrong.

As I suggested you before, you have get more familiarity to Caeses by revising the tutorials.

What I will suggest is creating a BRep, with the necessary BRep faces that you would like to use. So that you do not get the underlying surfaces but the exact faces that make up the BRep.

Cheers

Ceyhan