Jake Smith

CAESES integration into Workbench

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to import a CAESES model into Workbench, but the geometry cannot be imported into ANSYS Geometry.

I have read the relevant tutorials in the software in detail.

CAESES 4.4.2,Ansys 

Thank you very much for your reply!

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5After closing the workbench.png

test.rar

Hi Jake,

I will recommend you to use the latest Caeses version which is v5.2.2 for the time being. Within the installation files you can find the updated ACT App.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Thank you for your reply.

Luckily I solved this problem in lower version. Geometry can be imported into ANSYS geometry.

However, in version 5.2.3, it cannot be imported into CAESES Geometry. Every time I open version 5.2.3, I get license related issues.

Therefore, I speculate that the problem may be related to license or firewall. Please help me confirm whether it is a license issue, thanks!

6.png

7.png

try.rar

Hi Jake,

We have checked your license and normally you should not encounter any issues.

While trying, can you please be sure that no more than two Caeses instances are open already? I don't think this is the cause and we should have received another error but let's be on the safe side. (Your free license should be supporting two Caeses instances only at the same time)

Below you can find the link for the previous Caeses version; maybe you would like to give a try and let us know

https://www.caeses.com/downloads/software/software-archive5/CAESES_5.2.2_win64.exe

We believe this is an issue caused due to an intervention, as you have mentioned, maybe a firewall. I am unable to recreate the problem.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan,
I did not open more than two Caeses  at the same time. I think it might be due to license issues. For example, when working on the workbench, Caeses will verify the license together. The verification may have failed due to a network problem. I will download version 5.2.2. If there is any progress in the future, I will let you know, thank you for your reply!

Hi Ceyhan,

Looks like a license issue. My permit will expire on August 23rd. However, Caeses cannot be opened right now. Please help me check if there is any problem with the license, thank you very much!

1.png

Hi Jake,

As mentioned before we have checked your license and you have the necessary rights to run Caeses in batch mode. Also since it is a free license, you are allowed to run up to two sessions of Caeses at the same time.

In case your license is stuck you can visit our web-page "www.caeses.com" and through "Support" you can reach "Your Licenses". There you can release your license if needed.

Cheers

Ceyhan

screen.png

Hi Ceyhan,

I've encountered another problem.
Workbench can import FSC files and recognize the geometry.
However, when I use Workbench DX to perform optimization calculations, the calculation results of all design points are consistent with the calculation results of the first design point.
May I ask what caused the problem? Looking forward to your reply!

2.png

1.png

Hi Jake,

Can you please send to "erdem@friendship-systems.com" your fsc file and Caeses project file?

I need to check how the configuration is set up.

And also a screenshot form your workbench screen woulkd be great to see how you have performed the connections.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Jake Smith,

Can you please write me an email suggesting a timeframe so that we can arrange a web-meeting?

Please keep in mind that we are located in GMT+2 time zone.

I would like to observe the problem on your computer.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan,

Thanks for your help. At present I have roughly solved this problem. The method is to use a lower version of Workbench. I will contact you again if I still have this problem. Thanks again for helping me!

Additionally I will write a working summary about my experience using CAESES. I will also send it to your email at that time. I hope you can give me some advice. Thank you!