Yukai

參數化建模 STL模型檔

Hello!
I really want to learn how to use CAESES to complete some hull shape optimization, but there are still many things I don't understand.
If there is already an STL model file, can it be directly parameterized?
Or what process must be passed to complete the parameterization process? (I want to use KCS ship model for hull parameterization and partial hull optimization)

In addition, I want to ask to see if there is a red line on the model after I first imported it, which means that the hull is damaged? (Do I need to import Rhino to repair it and then return to CAESES?)

Thanks for your help!!!

q1.PNG

Hi Yukai,

The red lines indeed indicate errors in the triangulation. STL files are just discrete representations of a geometry. They are not parameterized and the triangles do not even know their neighbors. Still, if you have an STL that is clean and that can be used for CFD analysis, you can apply parametric modifications to it in CAESES. Please see the tutorials, e.g. lackenby hull variation or mesh morphing. You can also use the other transformations on an imageTrimesh, such as deltashift, free form deformation.

For a complete parametric model you have to create a parametric model of the vessel yourself.

Kind Regards

Claus