wh444

Poly Curve, Not Smooth, Modeling

We can draw a number of curve and use FPolyCurve to fuse them into a "smooth" curve. An old post has discussed this question here. However, my model required a 2D "not smooth" enclosed curve made with three curves as below.

p.png

It requires more than 2 intermediate points, therefore we can't use Multi Segmented Smooth Curve. And it's not a "smooth curve" therefore we abandoned the 2D interpolation curve. Therefore, I used poly curve, and results looks like this.

p.png

To zoom in, we found flaws at corners.

p.png

This flaws blocks me from moving forward in modeling. Get rid of the top line and the polyCurve seems work normal. My guess for the cause of the problem is the discontinuity, not a jump point but a removable discontinuous point.

Please let me know if there is a way to deal with non-smooth multi-segmented curves. Any inputs are appreciated!

WX

10 hours ago, Mr. Heinrich von Zadow said:

Could you try attaching the screen shots again?

We can draw a number of curve and use FPolyCurve to fuse them into a "smooth" curve. An old post has discussed this question here. However, my model required a 2D "not smooth" enclosed curve made with three curves as below.

1130043942_Screenshotfrom2023-02-27150606.thumb.png.6d3c1c04dca1e73b44811be5f103e13f.png

It requires more than 2 intermediate points, therefore we can't use Multi Segmented Smooth Curve. And it's not a "smooth curve" therefore we abandoned the 2D interpolation curve. Therefore, I used poly curve, and results looks like this.

718846191_Screenshotfrom2023-02-27151007.thumb.png.9c444dfcccd84ad2f25eec2f7c3a692d.png

To zoom in, we found flaws at top corners

1997631585_Screenshotfrom2023-02-27151101.thumb.png.8e8c22dd9a9d1043e599d884847198e9.png

The flaws blocks me from moving forward in modeling. Get rid of the top line and the polyCurve seems work normal. My guess for the cause of the problem is the discontinuity, not a jump point but a removable discontinuous point.

Please let me know if there is a way to deal with non-smooth multi-segmented curves. Any inputs are appreciated!

WX

Hi there,

this is most likely a rendering issue and not related to the actual shape of the curve. Is there a particular reason why you are still using the CAESES4? If not, I strongly recommend you to upgrade. Apart from many many great new functionalities and a big difference in performance, also the rendering has improved significantly.

Best regards,
Heinrich