pdp.aero

BRep Export in STEP format

Hello there,

I have a question about what kinda information is being included when a BRep model is exported in the STEP format.

When I was checking the content of the STEP file exported from CAESES I noticed 'HarmonyWare STEP v2.1.8' and 'HarmonyWare Translators' in the top of the file. I was wondering if CAESES is using the HarmonyWare to export the STEP files. When I was checking the HarmonyWare website: https://www.harmonyware.com/step_products.html

I noticed STEP/Nlib, STEP/TSLib, and STEP/SMLib. I also noticed that their support and not supported entities. My question now is if the STEP format exported from CAESES includes topological information?

More information about the question. I have told if the exported format includes the topological information then at the time of being imported into a third-party software (ie meshing) it keeps its integrity and watertightness. But if the STEP file doesn't include the topological information then the STEP file itself is not watertight and when it is imported the third party software creates a common understanding of those data within it tolerance definition and etc. So if both have common tolerance standard within the tolerance the STEP file is watertight but if the STEP includes the topological information then it keeps the integrity and remains watertight within the defined tolerance.

Best,

Pay