My doubt is actually not hard, but with the actualization i lose a feature i used to use.

Here is the situation: I need to create some points on this curve and each point on the top has its correspondent on the bottom exactly on the same elevation in X axis. To do this i need to use the parameter witch corresponds to the elevation required, but in X axis the curve has 2 possible coordinates so that once i insert the function related to the creation of the point only one coordinate (on the top) is selected. Previously i could use "PointIntersection2D" and select a index, witch allowed me to choose any intersection the function would find. Here is an Image of the situation:

image.thumb.png.7f623d8149dd7d9f34959ce6f263604b.png

The question is: is there any function or any oder way to select another index on the curve?

P.S.: I could split the curve in two new curves, and repeat the steps, but i'd like to know if there is a solution like the feature i used to use.

Hi Gabriel,

Maybe using fv_all() command would be a better alternative. Please check the picture below;

screen1.thumb.png.68fc3f9bfd952ff67d3b12b2881574e8.png

Basically, the fv_all command provides an objectlist.

MyCurve.fv_all(0,myPoint:x)

The command is applied to a curve.

The first argument "0" refers to x-axis

The second argument refers to the value on the selected axis. So result will be a list of points that have the same coordinate component value in the referred axis.

As seen on the picture above, the curve would have two locations with the same x-coordinate value. Using "at(1)" I pick the second item within the objectlist (0 would be used to pick the first one). And finally I cast the entity to a FVector3 type object.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers

Ceyhan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Gabriel,

Maybe using fv_all() command would be a better alternative. Please check the picture below;

screen1.thumb.png.68fc3f9bfd952ff67d3b12b2881574e8.png

Basically, the fv_all command provides an objectlist.

MyCurve.fv(0,myPoint::x)

The command is applied to a curve.

The first argument "0" refers to x-axis

The second argument refers to the value on the selected axis. So result will be a list of points that have the same coordinate component value in the referred axis.

As seen on the picture above, the curve would have two locations with the same x-coordinate value. Using "at(1)" I pick the second item within the objectlist (0 would be used to pick the first one). And finally I cast the entity to a FVector3 type object.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Thank you so much. It worked really well. I didn't know how these function "at()" and "castTo()" worked. Thanks again, I couldn’t have pulled this off without your help!