Mr. hasan timurlek

CAESES-STARCCM+ Integration and Surface Problems

Hello everyone,

I'm working on integration of Caeses and Starccm+  to optimize hull forms. In fact, I've handled making connection. 

When I model my hull with proper feature definitions (generally I follow Fast Monohull tutorial), I often get the warning given below(even in Fast Monohull Tutorial);

*** INFO |curve_engines|curve_engine_03 => |f1 => |c3 : smooth curve generation from the current input data is not possible

*** INFO |surfaces|srf_fwd_01 : warning: internal pole detected in one of the curves, which might lead to surface problems...

After hiding my head into sand, I export my hull form(srf group) as .step file to StarCCM.  During creation of domain, StarCCM says invalid surface or unclosed srf. When I analyze my surfaces in Rhinoceros, I can see the gaps and invalidities. 

Which is the best way to export files from CAESES to StarCCM+? How can I get rid of surface problems?

thank you in advance... 

Best one, in my opinion, is stlSTARCCMSTL. 

Surface problem could be handled with Trimesh skill to produce watertight triangulized surface mesh.

If Ok you could send me the surface file through emal park@friendship-systems.com.

Best regards

Daehwan 

Thank you for your fast response. 

I'm having flow domain in StarCCM+. I just import my hull form. I'll attach some files on my next post. 

Best regards,

Hasan

Hi Hasan,

usually we use the step Star-CCM+ export. I guess you are having a flow domain created with some Brep. Do you see any open edges there?

best regards

Carsten

I hope it's ok attaching files here. (sometimes it may be helpful to anyone encountering similar problems)

I'll try it that way. However, I don't have any idea which way will represent the hull surfaces more sensitive?

Best one, in my opinion, is stlSTARCCMSTL. 

Surface problem could be handled with Trimesh skill to produce watertight triangulized surface mesh.

If Ok you could send me the surface file through emal park@friendship-systems.com.

Best regards

Daehwan 

post-1165-0-89652800-1590004719_thumb.jpg

post-1165-0-35882600-1590004725_thumb.jpg

FastMonohull_R00_Forum.fdbc

Hi Hasan

I tried some trimeshes to be exported as a STL file.

In the project I added a folder for this work "z_Trimesh_dp"

01 _additional_surface >> Deck and Transom surfaces are added.

02_trimesh >> 3 trimeshes are created, port, stbd and watertight.

In the objectEditor of 'watertight' you can find Info > #Open Edges = 0, which means there this trimesh is watertight.

Just try exporting it as a starCCMSTL and test in STARCCM+.

https://fcloud.friendship-systems.de/index.php/s/23W24ieNxtSLaJM

Cheers

Daehwan