Hi Everyone,
I recently began using CAESES for geometry modeling and will like to use it to design an air vent where I can vary the angle of tilt of blades and the spacing between the blades. please find attached a copy of the design.

Any ideas as to how I can go about it.

Thanks

Hi,

Please find attached a small parameterized air vent contour - I hope it will help you to generate own ideas. Just modify the parameters in this project in a reasonable range.

Basically, this example is made of lines, polycurves, intersection points, image curves and circular fillets. I guess you need to go through the basic tutorials that are included in CAESES/FFW in order to understand what's going on.

The scope "construction" contains the actual contour (maybe there are nicer ways to model it but this is a first shot and quick solution). Based on this contour and the parameters, I moved the curves in x-direction for an assembly with the same contour.

For different contours as given in your picture, you just need to copy the "construction" scope and its parameters.

BTW: Typically, I would put such a contour definition into a feature definition which nicely encapsulates all the geometry stuff that is not required (everything in "construction"). See also the first tutorial of feature definition. This would tidy up the project if you use a set of different contours and parameters...

Let me know whether this goes into the right direction :-)

Cheers

Joerg

post-8-0-61632900-1369136907_thumb.png

airvent.fdb

hi Joerg,

Thanks for your idea. I just began learning FFW some few weeks ago and have also tried my hands on the design in different ways. its not so good but you can have a look at the attached file. Its a design with lines, curves and surfaces. I assumed a negligible blade thickness just to simplify the design.

Just that, some parameters didn't function as i thought.

Thanks a lot. Will keep you updated on my progress with the software.

Richard

demo.fdbc

Hi Richard,

I think this is really good progress for this short time and self-learning.

In the context of your example, there is also a nice function to mention: the curve command ft() - it returns the intersection parameter value of the curve at a certain elevation wrt a principal axis (x,y or z). See the attachment. Another related command is the curve command fv() - this one returns the intersection position on the curve. This is also described in the modeling tutorials.

Maybe, you do not need them but I thought it is good to mention since you work with the domains of image curves.

Good luck!

Joerg

post-8-0-51193700-1369377132_thumb.png