Hi,

I ran into the following questions when I was post-processing the results obtained in the Propeller with OpenFOAM tutorial and I wanted to analyze the resulting mesh quality. As you can see on the pictures I just attached (Picture 1 and 2), I am aware there are several ways to visualize the mesh in CAESES. However :

1) does CAESES include any feature which allows you to "turn the mesh inside out" or "flip the mesh" obtaining a view as shown in Picture 3 in Paraview, showing only the part of the mesh corresponding to the propeller surfaces ?

2) there are any options (as in the "clickable" table on the left-hand side in Picture 3, Paraview) that let you visualize the different paths or surfaces that are defined? that is, I can only see that CAESES shows you the "internalMesh" but doesn't give you any other options to visualize paths or boundaries.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

post-849-0-18265700-1492515927_thumb.png

post-849-0-69685800-1492515932_thumb.png

post-849-0-32729500-1492515936_thumb.png

Hi Alvaro,

from the standard openFoam format we get currently only the volume mesh. To visualize for example the propeller surface, you can use a work around: Create an iso surface, with the velocity of near zero. on this surface you could create an contour plot with pressure for example.

The other way would be to export an extra VTK file with the openFoam utility "foamToVTK". With that you wil get a vtk file for each patch and the volume mesh.

best regards

Carsten