Mr. Chris Scheib

Removing Brep Area Within a Projected Curve

Hello,

I hope this is a fairly simple question to solve. I have a projected closed curve on a curved face of a Brep, and I simply want to remove the area of the Brep within the projected curve. I have attempted many combinations of Boolean differences and intersections, as well as trying intersect and trim. Is there a Brep or Surface operation that I am overlooking? Thank you for the thoughts!

Regards,

Chris Scheib

Hi Chris,

there is the operation Project and Trim. I guess the interesting part within this operation is the reference point. When you set a reference point the part of the closed projection curve will be trimmed or kept, which is referenced by projecting this point.

Have you already tried this operation?

best regards

Carsten

Hey Carsten,

Thank you for the reply. I had previously attempted the project and trim feature following the same procedure you mentioned above, however for some reason or another it would trim the entire shroud surface (I am working on a bladed rotor currently). I actually found a solution to the issue in the ordering of Brep operations between the rotor body and the blades. I eventually used a Solid From Intersection operation between the separate blades and rotor body Breps, and after checking the wireframe view the area within the closed edge on the shroud surface was removed. Thanks again for the advice and suggestions!

Regards,

Chris Scheib

Hi Chris,

it would be nice to find out why the project and trim operation does not work. Maybe the reference point pointed not on the surface? If you could give us the project we could was a look into the problem.

best regards

Carsten