Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr. Gabriel Gnaegi

Generic Blade with NACA curve

Guest Mr. Gabriel Gnaegi

Hi,

I am quite new to CAESES and i've done certain tutorial. I am interested in this CAESES particularly for the parametric blade generation.

In the tutorial Generic Blade, we are able to generate a blade with NACA 4DS which require profile parameters such as camber, chord length, thickness etc. and I think I understood the logic behind the setup. 

Now i am interested in doing the same blade generation but i want to use the Curve--> NACA 66-412 profile. I must say i don't really understand how this works because I can't set the chord length or so in the setup.

Is it possible to generate a 3D blade by section like the NACA 4DS tutorial but by using a define profile (NACA 66-xxx)?

Thank you in advance for you time and you answers.

Regards,

Gabriel G.

Dear Gabriel,

The profile type has to be defined within the feature definition which is used in the curve engine. Please see the screenshot below.

post-45-0-53744900-1459432833_thumb.png

In the feature line 7 initially defined the profile type by tc, liftcoeff and a. Another option would be to define the type by actually choosing the provided types. I implemented this option in the feature in line 6.

In the attached sample project you are now able to choose the NACA type in the curve engine |00_blade|NACA. If you have problems to understand the meaning of curve engines and features, please do some tutorials about Features and Meta Surface.

Cheers

Matthias

propeller_sample_66_412.fdb

Guest Mr. Gabriel Gnaegi

Dear Matthias,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I suspected that function needed to be written in the feature definition but i wasn't able to manage how to write the parameters.

Thanks to your file i was able to design the propeller i wanted to do. 

Cheers,

Gabriel G.