Ms. Filipa Sanches

Set default values on imported ASCII parameters

Hi,

I am creating a feature that importes some input values for the parameters that i used to create the hull model. 

I want to import values from an ASCII file and i wonder if there is any command to set the default value of the argument tab, on the creation of the double parameters in case of an empty entry on the ASCII file.

Thank you soo much for the help

Filipa Sanches

Hey Filipa,

I want to import values from an ASCII file and i wonder if there is any command to set the default value of the argument tab, on the creation of the double parameters in case of an empty entry on the ASCII file.

Can you elaborate a bit more in detail because I do not understand what you want to achieve.

Can you attache the feature and a sample ascii file?

Are these values only for the initial design or do they define a bunch of designs then the design assembler (menu > design engines) might be worth a try. 

Cheers,

Karsten

Hi,

I will try to explain me better.

In the feature that i am creating, the user can put the inputs as normally we do by putting values on the feature definition, the other way, is to get values form an ASCII file, but, sometimes, i do not have all the values that i need in the ASCII file having an empty line, and for these values i want the feature to assume the default values that i put on the argument tab when creating the feature.

The other problem is to refresh the values on the feature definition with the values that i get from the ASCII file.

Thank you soo much for trying to help me.

Cheers

Filipa Sanches

Hey Filipa,

Yes it is possible but without beeing able to take a look at the feature definition all I can do is digging in the dark...

If you do not want to share the feature definition and the ascii file here you can send me a mail (take a look at my signature).

Then I can support you a lot better. :-)

Cheers,

Karsten