Mr. Joe chan

Filleting surface cause planar holes.

Hi,

I am new to this projects but love the potential of it. See the attached document for a sample project that I am playing with. Somehow, if surface filleting is in place, there would be holes on the cylinder end surface depend on parameters. What might be the cause and how to make it work?

Thanks.

ErrorSample.fdbc

Hi Joe,

You did a nice Project here, thanks for sharing.

The Problem I see are the coplanar faces that make the boolean operation difficult and may lead to problems.

You can see the warning sign after the boolean operation which may lead to problems with further operations.

In this project it is easy to fix: just shorten the cylinder (what I did) or extend the teeth to avoid coplanarity where possible.

I attached the modified project.

Keep on the good work.

Cheers,

Stefan

ErrorSample.fdbc

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for looking into this. Unfortunately, the provided solution doesn't work. In your modified project file, if you change pm_N to 10, the holes and warnings will show up again. I have noticed some parameters working fine but not all. And the problem happens only when filleting is enabled. It should be after boollean operation has completed.

-Joe

Hi Joe,

I have to appologize - I am working with the not yet released 4.0.4. There are some changes concerning triangulation and boolean operations and furtunatley it seems to fix the problems with this project.

We will release 4.0.4 within this week (you will receive an update notification) so I hope this problem will be solved then.

If not, please keep me informed.

Cheers,

Stefan

Hey Joe,

Unfortunately there is not update.

Would be great if you can attach the project and explain the issues then I can take a look at it.

You could also create a new thread in the bugs section then only our team and you can see the post.

Cheers,

Karsten

Hey,

Thanks I thought you have a new project because you wrote "other triangulation issues".

Therefore I thought you had something new to share.

Cheers,

Karsten