I want to know if it is possible to transform a poly-curve into a curve or if there is any method to set the area of a poly-curve.

I have a poly-curve and i need to set its area. I know how to do it for a f-spline but i am not able to do it for a poly-curve and i would like to know if it is possible. In other types of CAD system we can do it by merging different curves, but in CAESES i do not know how to do it.

Thank you so much for the atention

Hey Filipa,

unfortunately there is no way to transform the polycurve into a type of curve where you can change the area.

As you mentioned the F-Spline is the only type of curve where this is possible. So the best way to directly control the area of the polycurve is to use F-Splines as sources of the polycurve.

Depending on how your polycurve is build right now, it would be possible to optimise the position of the intermediate points (start and end points of the objects of the polycurve), so the overall area of the polycurve matches the value you want it to be. But that is more complicated then using f-splines.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Simon

Hey

Thank you for the answer.

The problem is that i have a poly-curve with 4 F-Splines and i know every start and end point of each curve and also the sum of the 4 curves areas, but i do not know the value of the area of each curve. 

Do you know a way to do this? Even if it isn't with F-Splines.

Thank you so much for the help.

Regards,

Filipa

Hey,

you can check the value of each f-spline by clicking on the object in the tree and under "area" you can choose the axis and see the current value behind "value monitor".

If you do not have an f-spline, the only other way to achieve a specific area for the complete curve is to move the intermediate points and check the area under the complete polycurve. This could be achieved using an optimisation.

I hope I understand your problem correctly, if not, it would be best if you could opload the project or a pictue of it.

Regards,

Simon

Hey,

I know that but the problem is that i do not want to change the position of the start and end points of each F-Spline.

I need to have a certain value for the polycurve area and i was hopping to do it in a certain way (that i do know even if it is possible) like adjusting the values of the "fullness" of each F-Spline in order to have the sum of all the area with the value that i want. Is that possible? And i need to do it in a feature to use in a Curve Engine and then in a Meta-Surface

I do not have any value in the "area" of each F-Spline in the tree.

Regards,

Filipa

Hey,

I attached a screenshot on where to find the area of an f-spline.

Furthermore I made a little example, of how to change the area of the complete polycurve to a chosen value without changing the positions of the intermediate points:

• There is a polycurve containing tow f-splines in the scope "Reference"
  • The parameter "area_old" is the area of the old or "Reference" polycurve
  • The parameter "area_new" can be chosen and the paramter "fullness" will be calculated, but it is alos possible to directly choose the value of "fullness"
  • The new f-splines/polycurves in the scope "New_polycurve" is calculating the new area value (see Screenshot "new_area")

I hope this will help you, otherwise it would be great if you could upload a screenshot of your problem/project.

Regards,

Simon

fullness.fdb

post-326-0-97493600-1448381597_thumb.png

post-326-0-92130300-1448381903_thumb.png